Scientific Name: Corchorus Olitorius
1. strophanthin alternative ( can act as cardiac and vascular stimulants in low dosage)
2. Moringa capsule alternative ( it can also increase milk production of breastfeeding mothers)
3.has antihelmenthic effect (can be a substitute to branded products to treat parasitic worms)
4. said to have an analgesic effect
5. relieve excess gas in the stomach
6. increases appetite
7. stool softener
Jute leaves contain almost all of the nutrients needed by humans. But, the most important benefit of the leaves is their high antioxidant property, primarily in the form of Vitamin E. These antioxidants combine with free radicals that cause problems like arthritis, hardening of arteries, heart and kidney ailments. Among the many benefits, saluyot contains:
• Vitamin A, which aids in repairing the body’s cells and improves eyesight
• Vitamin C or ascorbic acid, which improves circulation and helps lower the risk of cataracts and other eye disorders
• Vitamin E, which slows down the aches and pains associated with aging, holds infertility at bay, and increases stamina
• A high percentage of calcium, which contributes to strong teeth and bones.
Chorcorus Olitorius (Saluyot)
ever-present in clearings, farms and waste places in the
Philippines.-Contains Vit A, B, C, iron, calcium, phosporus, protein and fiber.
Rich in Vitamins, Carotinoids, Calcium,
Potassium and Dietary Fibers. Known in
Japan as Anti-stress, comes in capsule form.
DEMULCENT - (maiwasan ang pagdumi ng matigas)
LACTAGOGUE (nagpapadami ng gatas ng ina)
PURGATIVE (pumrga ng bulate)
It may also remedy for DYSENTRY/ENTERITIS (pagtatae o LBM), DYSPEPSIA (kabag), FEVER (lagnat) and PECTORAL PAINS (pananakit ng balakang at likod). It may reduce risk of CANCER and TUMOR, ASCITIES (lumalaking ugat sa puwit). CARMINATIVE (relieves flatulence or utot ng utot)