FACULTY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TABLE OF CONTENT
0. OVERVIEW OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING4
1. Introduction 4
2. Objectives of the Industrial Training4
4. Attachment Arrangement4
5. Attachment Confirmation5
6. Report Duty at the Training Placement5
7. Change of Training Placement5
8. Ethical Conduct during the Training6
1. Ethical Conduct during the Training6
3. Weekly Log Report6
4. Confidentiality of Company’s Information6 9. Insurance7
2. REPORT WRITING GUIDELINES7
1. Order of Contents7
5. Page Numbering10
Appendix A Industrial Training Flowchart
Appendix B List of Companies
Appendix C Weekly Log Report Template
Appendix D Overall Content of the Report
Appendix E Sample of the Cover Page for the Report
0. OVERVIEW OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING
Industrial Training program provides pre-professional work experience with specific assignments and responsibilities. An Industrial Training should be relevant to a student’s personal career interests and academic courses of study, serving as a bridge between university and the world of work. Productive Industrial Trainings help students make informed decisions and improve their marketability after graduation.
2. Objectives of the Industrial Training
The objectives of the Industrial Training are:
- To provide pre-professional work experience with specific assignments and responsibilities. - To encourage/stimulates a personal career interests, serving as a bridge between university and the world of work. - To help students make informed decisions and improve their marketability after graduation. - To encourage students to apply the skills and knowledge gained at the university to benefit the organizations. - To nurture quality IT graduates well verse with information technology, versatile, competitive, innovative and resourceful. - To train and prepare students with knowledge and skills requirements of current and future IT environments.
Before a student is allowed to undergo the industrial training, they should PASS ALL PRE-REQUISITE SUBJECTS.
Once eligible, the students need to follow the proper procedures for the industrial training. The students have to plan at least TWO (2) months prior to the one in which the training will take place. The procedures are attached in APPENDIX A.
4. Attachment Arrangement
To fulfill the industrial training requirement, the students MUST undergo at least SIXTEEN (16) weeks training at the organization approved by the faculty. Students may find the list of companies for the training in APPENDIX B. To fulfill the faculty’s requirement, students should involve in IT related work during their training. This might include areas such as the system analysis and design works, programming and development, system specification and maintenance, setting up and the design of computer networks, configuration of hardware and trouble shooting of hardware and software. Students are PROHIBITED from doing CALL CENTRE tasks during the 16 weeks...