1) Which of the following is NOT one of Drucker’s three basic questions? a) What is our business?
b) What should our strategy be?
c) What will our business be?
2) What is meant by corporate mission?
d) The over-riding reason for the corporation’s existence. e) The strategies the corporation intends to take.
f) The view of the founder as to what kind of company this should be.
3) What is meant by corporate vision?
g) The over-riding reason for the corporation’s existence. h) The strategies the corporation intends to take.
i) The view of the founder as to what kind of company this should be.
4) Which of the following is NOT a type of planning system? j) Formal planning system.
k) Logical incrementalism.
l) Formal integration.
5) What is value chain analysis?
m) A system of valuing the firm’s assets.
n) A system of valuing the chain of command.
o) An analysis of the inputs each firm puts into the product before it reaches the final consumer.
6) Which of the following is NOT one of the elements that supports the value chain? p) Procurement.
r) Human resource management.
7) What is meant by inbound logistics?
s) The study of movement of factors of production.
t) The study of transportation.
u) Return of faulty goods.
8) What is a value network?
v) A group of firms who agree to co-operate against outside competition. w) A group of firms who act together to create value through a set of complex relationships. x) A group of firms which have a similar value.
9) Which of the following is NOT one of Porter’s three basic competitive positioning strategies? y) Cost leadership.
10) What is a market challenger?
|) A company which enters a new market.
}) A company which seeks to increase its share of a market. ~) A company which develops a new product which competitors have to emulate.
1) What is segmentation?
a) The process of choosing which products to make.
b) The process of dividing customers into groups with similar needs. c) The process of avoiding competitors.
2) Which of the following is NOT one of the tests of a good segment? d) Measurability.
3) What is an identifier segmentation variable?
g) One which identifies which customers belong in the segment. h) One which helps categorize customers before any business has been done with them. i) One which helps categorize customers after we have started doing business with them.
4) What is a response profile?
j) A method of identifying which customers belong in the segment. k) A method of categorizing customers before any business is done. l) A method of categorizing customers after we have started doing business with them.
5) What is NAICS?
m) The North American Industrial Classification System. n) The North Atlantic Industry Coding Society.
o) The New American Intelligent Coding System.
6) Which of the following is NOT part of Freytag and Clarke’s segment selection process? p) Future attractiveness.
q) Firm strategy.
r) Competitive position.
7) What is undifferentiated marketing?
s) Trying to do exactly what the competitors do.
t) Trying to serve all market segments with the same marketing mix. u) Trying to serve one market segment only.
8) What is positioning?
v) Developing a theme which provides a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document