* is a branch of science and engineering of making an intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs. Specific Applications
* Game Playing - refers to programming computers to play games such as chess and checkers * Speech Recognition – is a technology where computers recognize human language to perform such task. * Understanding natural language – allows computers to understand natural human languages. * Computer vision – makes useful decisions about real physical objects and scenes based on sensed images. * Expert Systems – refer to programming computers to make decisions in real life situations * Heuristic Classification – is one of the most feasible kinds of expert system given the present knowledge of AI. This will put some information in one of a fixed set of categories using several sources of information. Turing Test
* Was designed to satisfactorily identify if the machine is intelligent. * To pass the test, the machine should posses the following: * Natural language processing to enable It to communicate successfully. * Knowledge representation to store information provided before or during the interrogation. * Machine learning to adapt to new circumstances and to detect and extrapolate patterns. * Computer vision to perceive objects.
* Robotics to move about.
* Refers to a collection of computers and cables forming a communication networks. * Intended to carry computer data, similar to telephone network which is intended to carry conversations. * Carries a various data, including e – mail, video conferences, instant messages and contents of Web pages. Intranet
* is a private network contained in an enterprise that includes connections through one or more gateway computers to the outside internet. Extranet
* a private network that uses Internet technology and the public telecommunication system to securely share part of business information or operations with suppliers, vendors, partners, customers or other businesses. Web browser
* Is application software allowing users to access and view web pages. Web page
* Is a page consisting of HTML documents stored on a web server. Website
* Are a collection of connected web pages stored on a web server. Hypertext
* A computer system that could store literary documents, links them according to logical relationships, and permit readers to comment and annotate what they read. HTML (Hypertext Mark up Language) document
* Refers to plain text, or ASCII, document with embedded HTML tags. Other Internet Services
* Email – short for electronic mail, is the transmission of messages via a computer network. * File Transfer Protocol (FTP) – is an Internet service that allows a user to upload and download files from other computers on the Internet. * Newsgroups and Message Boards – is an online area that allows a group of users to discuss a particular topic. * Mailing Lists – is another online service where email addresses are stored. * Chat Rooms – are a technology that consists of online and live communication over the Internet. It is a location in the Internet server that allows users to have almost like a real – time communication. * \Instant Messaging – is in essence a chat but you can choose certain users that you want to communicate with. * Internet Telephony – commonly known as Voice over IP (Internet Protocol), allows the user to speak to others over the Internet using computers, mobile computer or mobile devices. Types of Web Sites
* Portals – are sites that offers you a variety of Internet services * News websites – provides you newsworthy material including stories and articles relating to current events, life, money, sports, and whether. * Informational websites – contain factual information. * Business/ Marketing websites –provide you marketing and business contents that promotes and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document