ProfessionChairwoman and Chief executive officer of PepsiCo Date of Birth28th October 1955
Birth PlaceChennai, Tamil Nadu, India
FamilyFather - Krishnamurthy (Accountant in State bank of Hyderabad) Mother - Shantha Krishnamurthy
Brother - Narayan Krishnamurthy
Elder sister - Chandrika Tandon
Grandfather - A. Narayana Sarma (a retired district judge)
Aunt - Aruna Sairam (Classical Singer)
Husband - Raj Kishan Nooyi (management consultant)
Daughters - Preetha, Tara
EducationSchool: Holy Angels School, Chennai
* Bachelor's degree (Chemistry, Physics, Maths) from Madras Christian College, Chennai (1974). * Master's Degree in Finance and Marketing from the Indian Institute of Management in Calcutta (1976). * Master's Degree in Public and Private Management from Yale University's School of Organization and Management (1978). Board member * Federal Reserve Bank of New York
* Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
* International Rescue Committee
Trustee Asia Society
Chairwoman Board of U.S.-India Business Council
Member * Board of the International Rescue Committee
* Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City
* International Advisory Board of Planet Finance
In the Advisory Board * Yale School of Management
* Yale University President's Council of International Activities Successor fellow Yale Corporation
Director nominee Henkel Loctite Corporation
Earlier Jobs* Tootal, a British textile firm
* Johnson & Johnson, Bombay
* Vice President (since 2007) and Director of Corporate Strategy and Planning at Motorola, Inc. * Senior Vice President of Strategy, Planning and Strategic Marketing for Asea Brown Boveri, Inc. * Independent Director of Motorola, Inc (2002 - 2007)
* Chairwoman of PepsiCo, Inc. (since 2007)
* Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo, Inc. (since 2006)
* President of PepsiCo, Inc. (since 2001)
* Chief Financial Officer (since 2000)
* Senior Vice President (since 2000)
* Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning, Corporate Strategy and Development (1994 - 2000) Strategy
* Acquisition of Tropicana.
* Pepsi's merger with Quaker and the spin-off of YUM Brands, the parent company of fast food properties Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC. Rank* Ranked 5th in the list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women (2007). * Ranked as the #1 Most Powerful Business Woman in the world (2006, 2007 and 2008) by Fortune magazine. * Ranked 4th on Forbes' list of the world's most powerful women overall, not just in business. * Highest ranking female executive of Indian descent.
* Teaching of creationism
Her deputies* CFO Richard Goodman.
* PepsiCo International chief Michael White.
* John Compton, PepsiCo in North America
Her stunning talentsArt of persuasion
New Motto"Performance With Purpose"
Achievement with J&J Close association with launch of the sanitary napkin “Stayfree” MentorRoger Enrico
AwardPadma Bhushan from Government of India (2007)
AmbitionTo study and succeed in the United States which she accomplished. Fan of*Karaoke
* Old comedies in Tamil movies starring Nagesh
Her childhoodEvery night after dinner, her mother used to ask them to make speak on what they wanted to do when they grew up also make them to compete to solve it as if they were a President or Prime Minister and the winner was awarded a piece of chocolate. LovesTo visit India in December during Chennai's music season. About her tough and exciting experienceBeing a woman, immigrant and color made it thrice difficult for her to reach to this destination, but only mantra she followed during the course of time was working hard twice as the male counterpart. About Her husband"He helps me. He supports me. He's a man with a big heart," Quote"You must have fun in whatever you do. Your work takes up so much of your life that if...