Divya Public School, Chd
CLASS IX SESSION- 2011-12 HOLIDAYHOMEWORK
A. Short answer question ( 4 to 5 lines)
1. What for the boys been working so hard? What does it show for them? 2. Write a note on the family of Nicola and Jacopo?
3. How does the boys prove extremely useful to the narrator? 4. What made Mrs Packletide done to make the tigerhunt an easy affair? 5. How did the villagers react to the tiger’s death?
6. What made Mrs Packletide shoot the tiger ?
7. What was the change I]in Ali’s nature towards the end of his life? 8. What did the postmaster do with Ali’s letter?
9. How was the postmaster a changed person at the end?
10. How did the frog use nightingale and earn money?
11. How does the poet prove that the frog symbolizes a clever and crafty person? 12. What is the intention of the poet behind the frog and the nightingale as portrayed in the poem? 13. How is the mirror “the eye of a little god” and a “lake”? 14. Write the theme of “The Mirror”?
15. Describe the symbolic significance of the woman and the terrible fish?
Lengthy question (180 words)
1 After reading “Two Gentlemen of Verona”,what impression do you form of Nicola and Jacopo? 2 Describe how Mrs Packletide’s Tiger shows the qualities of jealousy ,ill-will blackmailing,and false social prestige ? 3. Imagine you areAli , you bears silently the insult heaped on you by the postmaster you decide to write your feelings in your diary. Write that diary page. 4. Describe how the frog indirectly causes the death of nightingale ? 5. How is the mirror ‘ Exact” and “truthful” ?
B. Learn MCQ , short answers and lengthy questions of lessons and poems of literature for unit tests . C. PROJECTS :
1. Write article on topics – CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION ( CCE) 2. THE GIANT OF CORRUPTION
D. WRITE A POEM ( ORIGINAL NOT COPIED )...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document