Global Marketing Plan
1. Identify the company, division or product:
* In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States but mainly California. * Founded in 1946 by Harry Snyder and his wife Esther, first establishing their location in Baldwin Park, California. * There after new locations have open including some in Nevada, Arizona, Utah and now Texas. * Operation hours:
10:30 am- 1:00 am (Sunday-Thursday)
10:30 am- 1:30 am (Friday- Saturday)
Provide freshest, highest-quality foods and services
Provide team-oriented atmosphere whereby goal-setting and communications exist *
Assists all communities in its marketplace to become stronger, safer and better place to live
a. What is the current marketing strategy?
Fresh, juicy burger is what makes In-N-Out a famous fast-food chain. In analyzing their business, we figured out, that they are really known for one thing. Experience and Focus. While other fast-food chains are struggling with the focus and do not want to give up promoting other service offerings, In-N-Out Burger is the area’s most experienced firm, by a long shot. In-N-Out Burgers current marketing strategy is a “focus” strategy, which creates better understanding and demand for the brand. That strategy separates In-N-Out Burger from all competitors fast-food chains and makes it irresistible. In-N-Out makes it burgers even more special through creating their own burger language by having a “secret” menu, double-doubles, x4s, animal style, and protein style.
b. Who are the global competitors to monitor?
Fierce competition in product, price, promotion and place at three levels
International: Competition among big players like McDonald & Burger King National: McDonalds is largest fast food chain, followed by Burger King and Wendy’s. Local: Competition among local players like Fat Burger and Johnny Rocket
c. What are their strengths and weaknesses?
Global main competitors:
* Mc Donalds
* very strong global presence
* nearest domestic competitors being only half of its size * market leader in both the domestic and international markets * benefits from cost reduction through economies of scale because of its enormous size and * huge global presence allows Mc Donalds to diversify risk involved with the economic performance of specific countries * owns a strong real estate portfolio.
* outlets are located in areas that are highly known for visibility, traffic volume and ease of access * exceptional brand recognition
* saturated food industry, which could make it difficult to add new outlets * market is forecasted to grow by 2 % per year
* increasing price competition driven by too many competitors, which reduces the company’s ability to increase revenue. * lack of product innovation
* High employee turnover in their restaurants leads to more money being spent on training
* Burger King
* geographic diversification (over 11,500 fast food restaurants located in over 70 countries. 7,207 of its restaurants are located in the United States (62%) and another 4,358 are established in international locations (389%) such as Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Canada) * established Market Share
* globally recognized brand thanks to its flagship slogan “have it your way”, the whopper sandwich and most recently enhanced by its mascot known as “the King” * serves a lot of burgers that are typically not available in other fast food restaurants for example BK Mushroom Swiss serves beef patty and topped with mushroom sautèed sauce, Grilled Chicken burger which are prepared by grilling the chicken patty and others. * leading in flame broiled fast food
* serves side dishes such as mozzarella sticks, apple pie and others....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document