Don't be in too much of a hurry. You're setting off on a long journey and there'll be delays and frustrations along the way. Sometimes you'll be in the fast lane and other times you'll be stuck in traffic, but there will also be lots of interesting things and interesting people along the way. Take your time to really enjoy the experience.
There are many ways to improve your level of English, but only you can find the right way for you. Here are a few tips that might help:-
Improve your Learning Skills
Learning is a skill and it can be improved.
Your path to learning effectively is through knowing
* your capacity to learn
* processes you have successfully used in the past
* your interest, and knowledge of what you wish to learn
If you are not motivated to learn English you will become frustrated and give up. Ask yourself the following questions, and be honest:-
* Why do you need to learn/improve English?
* Where will you need to use English?
* What skills do you need to learn/improve? (Reading/Writing/Listening/Speaking)
* How soon do you need to see results?
* How much time can you afford to devote to learning English.
* How much money can you afford to devote to learning English.
* Do you have a plan or learning strategy?
Set yourself achievable goals
You know how much time you can dedicate to learning English, but a short time each day will produce better, longer-term results than a full day on the weekend and then nothing for two weeks.
Joining a short intensive course could produce better results than joining a course that takes place once a week for six months.
Here are some goals you could set yourself:-
* Join an English course (and attend regularly).
* Do your... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 10). How to Improve English. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Improve-English-171145.html
"How to Improve English" StudyMode.com. 10 2008. 10 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Improve-English-171145.html>.
"How to Improve English." StudyMode.com. 10, 2008. Accessed 10, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Improve-English-171145.html.