In the beginning the town was a sitio of Silang,The first town of Cavite,which by then comprised one-third of the whole prvince.Situated at the midst at the town comprising the mother town,it was called GitnangPulo.Because of its fertile soil,Abundance of rivers and springs and its vast forest,GitnangPulo became the favorite grounds of hunters and kaingeros many of who settled there.During these times,Dapdap tress when in bloom bore bright red flowers that were glaring to the eyes,NAKAKASILAW in the dialect.By word of the mounth ,THOSE who went there would report,MASISILAW KA SA KULAY NG MGA BULALAK ( The color of the flowers would glare your eyes). It became a by word and in time,GitnangPulo became Masilaw. On June 12, 1872, Gov. Gen. Rafael de Izquierdo made Sitio Masilaw to a town. He named it Amadeo in honor of the Prince of Amadeo I, the second son of King Victor Emmanuel II, who reined Spain in 1871. In 1904, however, Amadeo was reverted as a district of Silang by virtue of Public Act No. 947 signed by the Philippine Commission on October 15, 1903, reducing the 23 municipalities of Cavite to eleven. The appeal for autonomy by some provincial and municipal officials was granted on January 1, 1915 and since then Amadeo moved on its own as an independent town.
The Municipality of Amadeo (Filipino: Bayan ng Amadeo) is a fourth class municipality the province of Cavite, Philippines. It is nicknamed the "Coffee Capital of the Philippines". According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 33,457 people. Amadeo is politically subdivided into 26 barangays and 12 urban, 14 rural.
Today, Amadeo continues in its plight to progress. With an exemplary leadership led by its energetic mayor, Hon. Albert "OJ" Ambagan, Jr., and his officials, this small town is fastly paving its way to recognition.
Amadeo is best known for their Pahimis Festival, which showcases the town's coffee industry. It is usually held on the last weekend of February...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document