1. Birth rates measure the proportionate number of birth in a Population.
2. Carrying capacity is the largest number of a population that the. Environment of a particular area can carry or support.
3. Census is an official counting of the population.
4. Crude rates are vital rates which are not adjusted for the age and sex structure of a population
5. Death Rates (or morality rates) measure the proportionate number of deaths in a population.
6. Fecundity rates measure the biological capacity of females in a population to produce offspring.
7. Fertility rates measure the actual production of offspring by females in a population.
8. Migration is the movement of people from one area to another.
9. Migration change is the net change in the total population of an area due to migration.
10. Morbidity rates measure the amount of illness in a population
11 Natality rates (see Birth rates)
12. Natural change is the net change in the total population of an area due to the balance of births and deaths.
13. Population pyramids show the age and Distribution of a population.
14. Replacement rates are estimates of the extent to’ which a given population is producing enough offspring to replace itself.
15.Reprduction rates measure the number of girls born to females in the childbearing age groups (roughly 15 to 5 years) in a population.
16. Saturation is the level at which the population of an area exactly equals its carrying capacity.
17. Standardized rates are vital rates winch are adjusted for such factors as the age and sex structure of a population
13. Survivorship curates show the proportion of a given population surviving to a particular age.
19. Vital Rates are the measures which describe changes in the size and structure of a population [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 02). Important Terms Are Mainly Used for the Study of Population. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Important-Terms-Are-Mainly-Used-For-192514.html
"Important Terms Are Mainly Used for the Study of Population" StudyMode.com. 02 2009. 2009. 02 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Important-Terms-Are-Mainly-Used-For-192514.html>.
- MLA 7
"Important Terms Are Mainly Used for the Study of Population." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2009. Web. 02 2009. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Important-Terms-Are-Mainly-Used-For-192514.html>.
"Important Terms Are Mainly Used for the Study of Population." StudyMode.com. 02, 2009. Accessed 02, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Important-Terms-Are-Mainly-Used-For-192514.html.