3. An IPv6 address is made up of how many bits? d. 128 4.
5. The subnet mask of an IP address does which of the following? c. defines which part of the address specifies the network portion and which part specifies the host portion 6.
7. A nonroutable protocol does not operate in which layer of the OSI model? e. Network 8.
9. Which of the following is a private IP address and can’t be routed across the Internet? b. 172.19.243.254 10.
11. As data travels through the OSI model, the _________ layer is responsible for splitting the data into segments. Transport 12.
13. Which of the following is a reason to subnet? (Choose all that apply.) * a. Networks can be divided into logical groups.
* c. Subnetting can decrease the size of broadcast domains. 14.
15. NetBEUI is well suited for large enterprise networks because it’s very fast. True or False? False 16.
17. Which Transport layer protocol reduces overhead? a. UDP 18.
19. Which of the following protocols resolves logical addresses to physical addresses? e. ARP 20.
21. Which of the following protocols provides connectionless service? (Choose all that apply.) * a. IP
* b. UDP
23. Which of the following does TCP use to establish a connection? c. three-way handshake 24.
25. A(n) ____________ is a grouping of 8 binary digits expressed as a decimal number. octet 26.
27. Which of the following represents a valid IPv6 address? b. 2001:345:abcd::230:44 (the :: represents two or more sets of 0s) 28.
29. When using TCP/IP, computers on the same network segment must have the same _______________. (Choose all that apply.) * a. network number
* c. subnet mask
31. A connection-oriented protocol provides fast but unreliable service. True or False? False 32.
33. Which are enhancements of IPv6 compared to IPv4? (Choose all that apply.) * a. larger address space
* c. built-in security
35. Which protocol can configure a computer’s IP address and subnet mask automatically? e. DHCP 36.
37. For the Class C network address 192.168.10.0, which of the following subnet masks provides 32 subnets? b. 255.255.255.248 38.
39. For the Class C subnet mask for 192.168.10.0 described in the previous question, how many host addresses are available on each resulting subnet? b. 6 40.
41. For the Class C network address 192.168.220.0, what subnet mask supports up to 16 subnets? c. 255.255.255.240 42.
43. For the Class C subnet mask for 192.168.220.0 described in the previous question, how many hosts are available per subnet? c. 14 44.
45. If you create a supernetted subnet mask for seven contiguous Class C IP addresses, how many bits worth of additional address space for host addresses do you create? b. 3 46.
47. Which IP addressing scheme permits workstations to use private IP addresses to access the Internet? b. NAT 48.
49. When a Windows 98 or later computer is configured to use DHCP but no DHCP server is available, what type of address is configured automatically for that computer? b. APIPA
What is the decimal equivalent to the binary number 11000001? 193
Which TCP/IP model layer takes a large chunk of data from the Application layer and breaks it into smaller segments? Transport
An IP address consists of four octets separated by periods. Which part of this address denotes its class? first octet
Which of the following is not an Application layer protocol? TCP
DNS is a protocol that automatically provides a computer with its IP address configuration. False
In what layer does the NIC operate?