These are as follows:
• Children’s act 1098/2004
• Education act 2002
• E-safety 2008
• Human rights act.
And many more.
The following is an outline of current legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures within the UK Home Nation for Safeguarding Children.
The United Nations Convention on the rights of a child 1989 was approved by the UK on the 16th December 1991, this includes:
• Children’s rights to protection from abuse.
• The rights to express their views and to be listened too.
• The right to care
• Services for disabled children
• Services for children living away from home
This convention is used as guidelines and is not a part of UK law. There is no one set legislation that covers safeguarding children and young people in the UK. There are different laws and guidelines that cover different parts of the UK, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The following is a list of current legislation guidelines, policies and procedures for England.
• Working together in safeguarding children 2010
These guidelines are for those working within:
• Social services
The guidelines are relevant to those working closely with children and their families in statutory, independent and voluntary sectors.
The document covers the following areas
• A summary of the nature and impact of child abuse and neglect
• How to operate best practise in child protection procedures.
• The roles and responsibilities of different agencies and GP’s
• The role of local safeguarding children’s boards
• The processes to be followed when there are concerns about a child
• The action to be taken to safeguard and promote the welfare of children experiencing, or at risk of significant harm.
• The important principles to be followed when working with children and... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 02). Identify the Current Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People.. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-The-Current-Legislation-Guidelines-Policies-922522.html
"Identify the Current Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People." StudyMode.com. 02 2012. 02 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-The-Current-Legislation-Guidelines-Policies-922522.html>.
"Identify the Current Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People.." StudyMode.com. 02, 2012. Accessed 02, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Identify-The-Current-Legislation-Guidelines-Policies-922522.html.