1. Buying a new PC.
Low Yat Plaza in Jalan Bukit Bintang is a well-known place for computer sales. Assume that you want to buy a new PC for your personal use. Your task is to:
i. Make a list of your hardware and software requirements, be as specific as possible. (For software, you must at least choose 1 type of operating system and 3 application programs.)
* CPU (Central Processing Unit): responsible for handling all instructions it receives from hardware components and software programs running on the computer.
* Hard disc: the computer's main storage media device that permanently stores all data on the computer.
* RAM (Random Access Memory): main memory or system memory, is a term commonly used to describe the memory within a computer.
* Monitor: video display screen and the hard shell that holds it.
* Keyboard: allow a computer user to input letters, numbers, and other symbols into a computer
* Motherboard: a printed circuit that is the foundation of a computer and allows the CPU, RAM, and other computeR components to function with each other.
* Mouse: allows an individual to control a pointer in a graphical user interface (GUI).
* Printer: An external hardware device responsible for taking computer data and generating a hard copy of that data.
* Scanner: a hardware input device that allows a user to take an image or text and convert it into a digital file, allowing the computer to read or display the scanned object.
* Printer: a machine that responsible in taking computer data and generating hard disk from it.
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
* Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
* Windows Media Player
* Adobe Reader X
* Firefox 18.0.1
ii. Prepare one-page of comparison table/chart, listing each requirement including price, brand and how each system meets or exceeds it.
BRANDS | COMPAQ(Compaq Presario SG3770IL... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Ict Lab 2. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ict-Lab-2-1410564.html
"Ict Lab 2" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ict-Lab-2-1410564.html>.
- MLA 7
"Ict Lab 2." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ict-Lab-2-1410564.html>.
"Ict Lab 2." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ict-Lab-2-1410564.html.