1) These levels of the ICS organization may have Deputy positions: Branch
(a) Staging Area
2) Resources within the Staging Areas:
(a) Are managed by the Logistics Section
(b) Are awaiting operational assignment
(c) Include out-of-service resources that are being made ready for deployment (d) Include those being made ready for demobilization and return to their jurisdictions 3) _________________ means that each individual involved in incident operations will be assigned to only one supervisor.
(a) Span of Control
(b) Unity of Command
(c) Supervisor Authority
(d) Unified Command
4) Which Section is responsible for handling claims related to property damage, injuries, or fatalities at the incident?
(a) Logistics Section
(b) Operations Section
(c) Finance/Administration Section
(d) Planning Section
5) Select the TRUE statement:
(a) When a new Incident Commander assumes command, the outgoing Incident Commander should be demobilized to avoid confusion (b) Upon arriving at an incident the higher ranking person will either assume command, maintain command as is, or reassign command to a third party (c) A lower ranking but more qualified person may not be designated as the Incident Commander (d) Transfer of command procedures are implemented at the Emergency Operations Center before the Incident Commander arrives at the scene
6) Branches within the ICS organization can be established:
(a) Along agency jurisdictional lines
(b) Geographically or functionally
(c) Within Groups to organize resources
(d) Under the supervision of a Leader
7) ICS Form 201:
(a) Is completed by the Safety Officer in order to address safety concerns and identify mitigation measures (b) Allows a Single Resource Boss to track major activities during each operational period (c) Contains status information for briefing the incoming Incident Commander or team, or other resources (d) Lists all resources and organization assignments for the upcoming operations period
8) Which General Staff position conducts tactical operations, develops the tactical objectives and organization, and directs all tactical resources?
(a) Finance/Administration Section Chief
(b) Logistics Section Chief
(c) Operations Section Chief
(d) Planning Section Chief
9) ) Who generally facilitates the Operational Period Briefing?
(a) Public Information Officer
(b) Operations Section Chief
(c) Logistics Section Chief
(d) Planning Section Chief
10) Select the TRUE statement:
(a) ICS organizational structure should include only the functions and positions needed to achieve the incident objectives (b) ICS positions may be combined in order to save on staffing or achieve a higher level of efficiency (c) ICS encourages the use of unique position titles in order to better meet the specific incident needs (d) ICS recognizes that an Incident Commander may not be necessary if an Operations Section Chief is assigned
11) ) When command is transferred, then all personnel with a need to know should be told:
(a) The qualifications of the incoming Incident Commander
(b) The limits of the Incident Commander’s scope of authority (c) The effective time and date of the transfer
(d) The Incident Commander’s cell phone number
12) Chris Smith is the Situation Unit Leader. No Planning Section Chief is assigned. Who does Chris Smith report to?
(a) Operations Section Chief
(b) Public Information Officer
(c) No Direct Supervisor
(d) Incident Commander
13) An individual assuming the role of the Deputy Incident Commander must:
(a) Be a representative of the jurisdiction at the incident (b) Have served as a Branch Director within the current organization (c) Have prior experience predicting workloads and...