IAS Essay : Past Eleven Years Paper (Compulsary):
Time Allowed: Three Hours Max.
Instruction: The Essay must be written in the medium specified in the admission certificate issue to you. The name of medium must be stated clearly on the cover of the answer-book in the space provided for the purpose. No credit will be given to the essay written in a medium other than that specified in the admission certificate.
(Examiner will pay special attention to the candidateâ€™s grasp of his material, itâ€™s relevant to the subject chosen and to his ability to think constructed and present his ideas concisely, logically and effectively.)
1. Write an Essay on any one of the following topics:
(I). Independent thinking should be encouraged right form the childhood.
(II). Evaluation of Panchayati Raj System in India from the point of view of eradication of power to people.
(III). Attitude makes, habit makes character and character makes a man.
(IV). Is Autonomy the best answer to combat balkanization?
(V). How has satellite television brought about cultural change in Indian mindsets.
(VI). BPO boom in India
1. Women's Reservation Bill Would Usher in Empowerment for Women in India. 2. Protection of Ecology and Environment is Essential for Sustained Economic Development. 3. Importance of Indo-U.S. Nuclear Agreement
4. "Education for All" Campaign in India: Myth or Reality.
5. Globalization Would Finish Small-Scale Industries in India. 6. Increasing Computerization Would lead to the Creation of a Dehumanized Society.
1. Justice must reach the poor
2. The hand that rocks the cradle
3. If women ruled the world
4. What is real education?
5. Terrorism and world peace
6. Food security for sustainable national development
1. India's Role in Promoting ASEAN Co-operation.
2. Judicial Activism and Indian Democracy.
3. Whither Women's Emancipation?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document