Speech Goal: To inform the audience on hybrid cars.
Opening: Hybrid cars are much more environmentally friendly than gas only vehicles. There are several different sorts of transportation that one would have never thought of as being hybrid. There are plenty of advantages of having a hybrid over gas only and electric only cars also.
1. What is a hybrid?
* 2 or more sources of power that can directly or indirectly provide power. * It usually is a vehicle that is both gasoline and battery powered
2. Types of hybrid’s?
* Combines power of gas engine with pedal power rider * Locomotives
* Pulling trains are diesel-electric hybrids
* Buses like Seattle are diesel-electric
* They can draw electric power from overhead wires or run on diesel when they are away. * Mining trucks
* Some are nuclear-electric and then some are diesel-electric
3. Kind of hybrid’s?
* Series hybrid
* Does not have direct connection between the engine and the wheels. The engine drives a generator, and then provides electric power for either the batter or the motor. * Cylinder to generator or fuel tank; generator to battery or motor; which then transmission
* Parallel hybrid
* Use electric motors to assist the engine in driving the wheels through the transmission. * Fuel tank supplies gas to the engine and battery that supplies power to the transmission.
* Verses gas-only modes, hybrid cars gas efficiency double them which provides a significant amount saved * Less pollutant during use – burn less fuel – when being build they were conscious of environmental pollution so they make the vehicles much cleaner
Hybrid is the best way to go when you’re choosing a...