History of ASIMO
EO (1986) - examining the Principles of Two- legged Locomotion first two- legged robot made to walk. Walking by putting one leg before the other was successfully achieved. However, taking nearly five seconds between steps, it walked very slowly in a straight line.
E1- E2- E3 (Realizing rapid Two- legged walking)
To achieve a fast walking pace. It was necessary. Human walking was thoroughly researched and analyzed. In addition to human walking, animal walking and other forms of walking were also studied, and the movement and location of the joints needed for walking were also researched. Based on data derived from human walking, a fast walking program was created, input into the robot and experiments were begun.
* E1 (1987 – 1991) Early prototype of the models walked at static pace of 0.25 km/h with certain distinction of movement between the two legs.
* E2 (1997 – 1991) - first dynamic movement at 1.2km/h mimicking the human walk.
* E3 (1987 – 1991) - thigh- like legs walked at normal human speed of 3km/h
E4- E5- E6 (completing the basic functions of two- legged walking)
* E4 (1991 – 1993) - knee length was increased to 40 cm to stimulate the quick human step speed of 4.7km/h
* E5 (1991 – 1993) - first autonomous locomotion model had a large head cover.
* E6 (1991 – 1993) - autonomous control of balancing when... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Humanoids. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Humanoids-1300890.html
"Humanoids" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Humanoids-1300890.html>.
"Humanoids." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Humanoids-1300890.html.