SWK141A MODULE THREE LEARNING ACTIVITY DUE 12/04/13
think about the following three broad practice contexts
1. Remote areas health policy at the national level
1. The practice context is at the macro practice level
2. The practice method in this context would be Social policy 3.The Target population includes people living in remote locations. 4. The practice approach chosen is the radical, structural and critical approach due to the focus of social action being on the system, and the outcomes on broad social change at a structural level. Chenoweth & McAuliffe ( 2008) state that the radical and structural approaches align with the social model of disability barriers create disability through social and environmental issues. therefore, change is made possible through policy and legislation affecting the whole of the remote regions. 5. Five ways further knowledge could be generated include :
1) Procedural knowledge: finding relevant legislation and policy, and promoting and
engaging in actions aligned
with current requirements.
2) Empirical data: Collection of data from hospitals and other healthcare clinics
throughout the regions.
3) Theoretical knowledge. relating to the policy outcomes
4) Practice wisdom: applied from knowledge acquired from previous experience.
5) Professional knowledge : Knowledge stemming from theoretical practice guidelines.
2.Individual counselling for gambling addiction.
1. The practice context is at the micro practice level
2. The practice method in this context would be Direct practice with individuals 3. The target population is individuals with gambling addictions. 4. A practice approach using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy may be beneficial because the target of therapy is on thinking and behavior change. It is believed that thoughts create emotions which drive behaviour, so with the focus on changing the thought process, emotional and behavioural changes can result (Gerald and Gerald, 2009). 5. Five...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document