SUHAIMI BIN MOHD SALIM
EXECUTIVE BACHELOR IN MANAGEMENT
24, 25 NOV& 2 DEC 2012
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
TUAN HAJI ABDULLAH BIN ABD. JAMIL
(Fill up by Trainer)
| | | |QUESTION |MARK | |1 | | |2 | | |3 | | |4 | | |5 | | |TOTAL | | | | | |FINAL MARK (40%) | |
What is the purpose of your company manpower planning? Please explain the characteristics of effective human resources planning.
Manpower Planning which is also called as Human Resource Planning consists of putting right number of people, right kind of people at the right place, right time, doing the right things for which they are suited for the achievement of goals of the organization. Human Resource Planning has got an important place in the arena of industrialization. Human Resource Planning has to be a systems approach and is carried out in a set procedure. The procedure is as follows:
1. Analyzing the current manpower inventory
2. Making future manpower forecasts
3. Developing employment programmes
4. Design training programmes
Choose the right employee becoming an important aspect to employer. How could explain term “effective recruitment method”?
1. Decide what positions you’ll have to fill through personnel planning and forecasting. 2. Build a pool of candidates for these jobs by recruiting internal or external candidates. 3. Have candidates complete application forms and perhaps undergo an initial screening interview. 4. Use selection techniques like tests, background investigations, and physical exams to identify viable candidates. 5. Decide who to make an offer to, by having the supervisor and perhaps others on the team interview the candidates.
Please explain which of the methods is the best way of selecting employees that you think suitable applied to your business.
Employee Selection is the process of putting right men on right job. It is a procedure of matching organizational requirements with the skills and qualifications of people. Effective selection can be done only when there is effective matching. By selecting best candidate for the required job, the organization will get quality performance of employees
The best way that I think of Employee selection Process suitable applied to my business are:-
1. Preliminary Interviews- It is used to eliminate those candidates who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria laid down by the organization. The skills, academic and family background, competencies and interests of the candidate are examined during preliminary interview. Preliminary interviews are less formalized and planned than the final interviews. The candidates are given a brief up about the company and the job profile; and it is also examined how much the candidate knows about the company. Preliminary interviews are also called screening interviews. 2. Application blanks- The candidates who clear the preliminary interview are required to fill application blank. It contains data record of the candidates such as details about age, qualifications, reason for leaving previous...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document