Human Relations Movement

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 270
  • Published : October 6, 2011
Open Document
Text Preview
Discuss two of the following statements.  
* The Human Relations Movement. Discuss the Hawthorne Experiment and its implications as a legacy in the workplace; compare and contrast McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y assumptions about employees, and any personal experiences you have had with Theory X & Y managers, and which you prefer and why. * The Total Quality Management Movement. Explain the managerial significance of Deming"s "85-15 rule," and identify the Four Principles of Total Quality Management (TQM). Also explain the Contingency Approach to Management and compare and contrast human and social capital, and the impacts of positive organizational behavior (POB) as a field in the practice of management.   * Define the term e-business, and explain at least three practical lessons about effective e-leadership in a virtual organization.

The Total Quality Management Movement. Explain the managerial significance of Deming"s "85-15 rule," and identify the Four Principles of Total Quality Management (TQM). Also explain the Contingency Approach to Management and compare and contrast human and social capital, and the impacts of positive organizational behavior (POB) as a field in the practice of management.   The four principles of TQM are 1)Listen and learn from customers and employees 2)Do something right the first time so as to eliminate the cost of doing it again 3) Build team work among your coworkers and other employees 4) Continuously improve.  The 85-15 rule means that when something goes wrong, there is an 85% chance that the system is at fault and only a 15% chance that the employee is at fault.  The Contingency approach to management is basically using management techniques according to the appropriate situation instead of using one “best way” of doing or handling something.   Social Capital is using your cooperative relationships to be productive in the workplace.  Both Human and social capital are the root to organizational success. ...
tracking img