The Humana Resources receptionist will support the HR administration with day-to-day functions and duties. Responsibilities would include greeting employees and guests, answer phone calls, filing documentation, preparing letters or reports, and interacting with the HR director and other staff members.
Essential Job Functions
* Answer incoming calls using a multi-line switchboard to screen and forward calls, taking messages, schedule appointments, or providing information. * Greet people or employees entering the department by verbal greetings, friendly smile and gestures to show acknowledgment. * File and alphabetize personnel files to maintain file organization. * Handle director’s calendar on MS Outlook calendar to manage time, appointments, and meetings. * Sort and distribute mail and delivery to the correct employees or department. * Direct guests or employees by escorting or giving directions to the appropriate location. * Obtain and/or send information or documents using the email, mail, or fax machine for timely communication. * Prepare documents or letters in MS Word to communicate to employees or customers. * Assist in meetings, conferences or conference calls to help in planning and preparing necessary information, documents, and tools needed during the meetings, conferences or conference calls. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of phone multi-line switchboard.
* Knowledge of department’s filing system and protocols. * Knowledge of documenting or recording information.
* Knowledge of department and employee locations.
* Knowledge of department’s format and reports.
* Knowledge of department guidelines and regulations.
* Knowledge of department’s systems to retrieve documents or information. * Skilled in phone etiquettes, multi-tasking, scheduling, communicating and listening. * Customer service and communication....