HRM 240 Final Project Overview and Timeline
Final Project Overview
For your final project, you will develop a single document for human resources professionals to manage a specific employment position. The materials you create would assist HR professionals in the four functions of job analysis, selection, orientation, and training, all towards helping the company meet its goals.
In the final project, you will be conveying your own ideas for human resources tools. However, it is important that you base your decisions on the literature in the field. In addition to your textbook, you should have references from at least one human resources journal and at least one reputable Web site for human resources professionals. Format references according to APA guidelines.
The five project deliverables will all focus on a single employment position. The deliverables are as follows:
* Executive summary
* Presentation on job analysis
* Tips for the selection process
* Script for orienting new employees
* Training proposal
1. Executive summary
* Introduce the human resources management materials being presented. * Make the case for how these steps support the organization’s strategic plan.
2. Presentation on job analysis
* Discuss the process of identifying of job expectations, gathering data to describe job functions, creating a job description, and determining the suitability of teamwork for this position. Discussion Question 1 of Week Two may be used as a resource for this section.
3. Tips for the selection process
a. Include recommendations on one internal and one external recruiting method. b. Provide a list of interview questions to be used with this position, including questions that can be used to assess the individual’s fit to the prevailing organizational culture, based on the assignment in Week Three. c. Create a...