The scenario given was that I had been selected as a branch manager in UK of an organization that is European based. The company has no human resource department and they have given me the opportunity to recruit staff members as sales officers. The objective of learning though this was the process of recruiting staff, managing them and how to avoid on arising conflicts. What factors helped in gaining success of the branch as well as what made employees happy. This helped in learning what kind of leadership styles should be observed that removed all sorts of problems. Learning through this assisted me in managing both managing and leadership qualities.
1.1; Job Specification of a Sales Officer:
Job Title: Sales Officer
Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: UK branch
Job Purpose/ Primary Objective: Earn name as that of the other European branches. Tend to accomplish business arena through activities by researching and developing marketing plans to avail opportunities; managing staff.
• Achieve marketing and sales operational activities by analyzing the sales information available in the market and suggest strategic plans accordingly.
• Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing annual budget and scheduling expenditures.
• Develop field sales action plans and accomplish strategies by planning, implementing and then evaluating.
• Sustain relationships by visiting the market and anticipate in availing new opportunities.
• Provide periodic information to the head by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
• Identify customer wants and needs, competitors’ share in the market and prepare a SWOT analysis of the competitors.
• Establish pricing strategies; recommend selling price, monitor costs, competition supply and demand.
• Protect organization’s value and keep all information secretive.
• Should be updated by participating in educational opportunities and by reading professional articles.
• Achieve sales and organizations mission by completing results that are needed.
Essential Skills/ Experience and Qualification:
• Should be able to understand quickly and must be very vigilant.
• Have problem solving skills and should manage time effectively.
• Command over English language is mandatory.
• Expertise in internet surfing will be appreciated.
• Must have an experience of 2 years in a reputed firm.
• A master’s degree in sales, marketing or finance.
• A strong team player
• High influencing power
• Excellent in relationship building
• Able to handle pressure
• High level of energy to achieve challenging goals even in tight time scales.
Dated: May 18, 2013
Employee satisfaction surveys could be done by the research department in order to suggest that how UK employees tend to get motivated or give their maximum output. Another way could be placing suggestion boxes in the firm so that employees may drop their problems in the box that could be handled by the management shortly. Off fair and competitive salaries with benefits (medical) can help in improving retention rate. A defined mission statement for the branch will encourage employees and will develop teamwork among them. Showing value to employees will be handy.
Retention procedures that will be followed in my branch will be facilities and medical benefits allotted to my employees. Holiday package for the employee along with his/her spouse will be given to the one who ace good in their projects. This will create a source of motivation among the employees and they will strive harder to work. Day care centre on a small scale will be opened for...