The Aditya Birla Group is a multinational corporation based in Mumbai, India with operations in 25 countries including Thailand, Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Egypt, Canada, Australia, China, USA, UK, Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Vietnam and Korea. A US$ 28 billion conglomerate, with a market capitalization of US$ 31.5 billion, over 50 per cent of its revenues flow from its operations across the world. The group is a major player in all the industry sectors it operates in. The Group has been adjudged the best employer in India and among the top 20 in Asia by the Hewitt-Economic Times and Wall Street Journal Study 2007. The origins of the group lie in the conglomerate once held by one of India's foremost industrialists Mr. Ghanshyam Das Birla. He bequeathed most of these companies to his grandson, Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla – the father of the current Chairman of the group, Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla. Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla is the grandson of Mr. Basant Kumar Birla, who heads his own independent business conglomerate. Several other members of the Birla Family, own and run their independent business groups MISSION: To deliver superior value to our customers, shareholders, employees and society at large. HUMAN CAPITAL:
Among Human Resources initiatives taken during the FY 2007- 08 to retain and groom talent are: 1. Created new channels of communication.
2. Geography wise HR partners to aid employee interaction.
3. PSI Buddies for all new hires on their date of joining the organization.
4. Initiated Speak your Mind : projects interface with HR.
5. Various spot awards and informal rewards recognizing
6. Training boot camp for freshers.
7. Strengthen the Training and Competency function,
introducing the Monthly training calendars.
8. Employee integration activities to foster fun at workplace. 9. Routine medical check ups...