INFOSYS HR POLOCIES
Internally developed code of conduct and policies to guide us
The following policies on various sustainability issues are adopted uniformly through out the reporting entity.
HIV (+) & AIDS CONTROL POLICY
Tata Steel would take measures to prevent the incidence and spread of HIV and AIDS in the society. In case of need, the company would arrange to provide counseling and medical guidance to these patients and their families.
Consistent with the group purpose, Tata Steel shall constantly strive to improve the quality of life of the communities it serves through excellence in all facets of its activities.
We are committed to create value for all our stakeholders by continually improving our systems and processes through innovation, involving all our employees.
This policy shall form the basis of establishing and reviewing the Quality Objectives and shall be communicated across the organization. The policy will be reviewed to align with business direction and to comply with all the requirements of the Quality Management Standard.
ENVIRONMENTAL, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Tata Steel reaffirms its commitment to provide safe working place and clean environment to its employees and other stakeholders as an integral part of its business philosophy and values. We will continually enhance our Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety (EHS) performance in our activities, products and services through a structured EHS management framework. Towards this commitment, we shall;
* Establish and achieve EHS objectives and targets.
* Ensure compliance with applicable EHS legislation and other requirement and go beyond. * Conserve natural resources and energy by constantly seeking to reduce consumption and
promoting waste avoidance and recycling measures.
* Eliminate, minimize and/or control adverse environmental impacts and occupational health and safety risks by adopting appropriate "state-of-the-art" technology and best EHS management practices at all levels sand functions.
* Enhance awareness, skill and competence of our employees and contractors so as to enable them to demonstrate their involvement, responsibility and accountability for sound EHS performance.
HUMAN RESOURCE POLICY
Tata Steel recognises that its people are the primary source of its competitiveness.
It is committed to equal employment opportunities for attracting the best available talent and ensuring a cosmopolitan workforce.
It will pursue management practices designed to enrich the quality of life of its employees, develop their potential and maximise their productivity.
It will aim at ensuring transparency, fairness and equity in all its dealings with its employees.
Tata Steel will strive continuously to foster a climate of openness, mutual trust and teamwork.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS POLICY
Tata Steel believes that the loyalty and commitment of its employees depend upon the quality of life they are offered at work and at home.
We recognize that indiscriminate use of alcohol and drugs is injurious to the wellbeing of individuals, their families and the community as a whole. We acknowledge that the misuse of these psychoactive substances is a major health and safety hazard.
Tata Steel is therefore committed to creating an alcohol and drug-free environment at the work place. This would be achieved through the involvement of all employees and the Joint Departmental Councils in spearheading appropriate initiatives. The initiatives would include;
* Raising awareness, through the dissemination of information, education and training and by promoting healthy life styles among our employees and their families. * Motivating those employees who have an alcohol/drug problem, to seek assistance, while maintaining confidentiality about such cases.
Tata Steel believes that research provides the foundation for...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document