Proposal for Term Paper
HR/Personnel Policy: with special reference to Hiring-Firing & Fringe Benefit of Robi Axiata Limited and Rahim Afrooz.
M. Zillur Rahman
Kaushik Ahmed Reza (ZR3, 47E)
Shah Muntasir Mamun (ZR4, 47E)
Institute of Business Administration
University of Dhaka
November 17, 2012
HR/Personnel Policy: with special reference to Hiring-Firing & Fringe Benefit of Robi Axiata Limited and Rahimafrooz (Bangladesh) Ltd.
This paper will discuss about different aspect of the HR policy of two different companies. It will also discuss about the drawback and limitations of the policies as well as some recommendation to enhance the policy.
The paper will discuss about two companies. One is Robi Axiata Limited, one of the mobile operators in Bangladesh. Another one is Rahimafrooz (Bangladesh) Ltd. Both are well established in their own market.
The paper will mainly focus on the hiring/firing policy and the salary benefits they provide. It will discuss if the policies comply with the existing state policy. It will also try to draw a comparison them with similar type of companies. It will depict some cases where some violation of the policies took place and scrutinize about the actions taken. The discussing topic will include (but not limited to) the following:
* Policy for recruiting
* Policy for termination
* Payment of wages: Definitions
* Weekly payment of wages
* Payment of wages on termination of employment
* Payment where wages disputed
* Withholding of part of wages
* Employer to furnish employee certain information
* Civil action to collect wage claim, fringe benefit claim or arbitration award * Payment of fringe benefits upon termination
* Additional Penalty/Benefit