Application case: Siemens builds a strategy-oriented HR system
Question number 1
a) Examples of four strategically required organizational outcomes are:
• Producing high tech products and services.
• Geographic expansion: Expanding the new products and services in different countries.
• Customer satisfaction (superior customer service).
• Productivity and quality management (offer consistently high quality services).
b) Examples of four required competencies and behaviors:
• Since Siemens is producing new high tech products, the company needs highly committed and trained employees, moreover, creative and brilliant engineers.
• Dedication helps employees to achieve their strategic goals.
• HR must hire customer-focused applicants or train and motivate employees to be proactive about providing superior customer service. This will result in a mutual respect within the company and with society.
• Diversified workforce.
Question number 2
Examples of four strategically relevant HR system policies and activities:
• Siemens has to Provide continuing education and management development. It must develop their employee’s knowledge and skills.
• Enriching work involved providing employees with more challenge and responsibility through flexible assignments and team based work.
• Siemens has to provide extensive training and development programs to support global teamwork which is the key to developing and using all the potential of the firm’s human resources.
• Siemens has to adjust employees to adapt with different cultures, languages and nationalities. This will result in building openness, transparency, fairness and supporting diversity.
Question number 3
Strategy map for Siemens
Goals to achieve ↗ ↖
Revenue increases High tech Products
What to do to achieve Attract and keep customers
These goals (customer satisfaction)
Learning corporate Environment mutual respect with society
Employee behaviors Diversified workforce and dedicated team work
The Hotel Paris Case:
Question number 1: Strategy map
Boost Revenues and Profits
Increase Return rate of guests Increase length of stays
Superior Guest Services
Please join StudyMode to read the full document