GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF BANGLADESH
MINISTRY OF LAW AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS
Dacea, the 10th October, 1977.
No. 811-Pub-the following ordinance made by the president of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh on the 7th October, 1977, is hereby published for general information- THE EXPORT PROMOTION BUREAU ORDINANCE, 1977
Ordinance No. XL VII of 1977
to provide for the establishment of a Bureau for promotion of export.
Whereas it is expedient to provide a for the establishment of a Bureau for promotion of export from Bangladesh and for development of plans and policies in support of promotion of export from both private and public sectors of the country and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamations of the 20th August, 1975, and the 8th November, 1975 and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf. the president is pleased to make and promulgate the following ordinance : -
1. Short title. This Ordinance may be called the Export! Promotion Bureau Ordinance, 1977.
2. Definitions. In this ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context.
a) Bureau means the Bangladesh export promotion Bureau established under section 3 of this ordinance;
b) Board means the Board of Management of the Bureau,
c) Chairman means the Chairman of the Board,
d) Member means the member of the Board,
e) Prescribed means prescribed by rules or regulations made under this Ordinate; and
f) Vice-Chairman means the vice-Chairman of the Board. 3. Establishment and incorporation of the Bureau i) Upon the commencement of this ordinance, there shall be established a Bureau to be called the export promotion Bureau for carrying out the purposes of this ordinance.
Price : 20 Paisa,
(2) The Bureau Shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a coition seal with power to enquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and shall by the said name suc and be used.
(3) The Head office of the Bureau shall be at Decea.
4. Management of the affairs of the Bureau. (I) The general direction and administration of the affairs of the Bureau shall vest in a Board of Management of the Bureau which may exercise all posers and do all acts and things which may be exercised and done by the Bureau.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the Board may, for the performance of its functions-
(a) undertake any work, incur any expenditure within the budget or any special allocation of funds, procure machinery and materials required for its use and enter into and perform all such contracts as it may consider necessary or expedients;
(b) Seek or obtain advice and assistance in the preparation or execution of a scheme, from any Local authority or agency of the Government or any other agency of the agency, national or international.
(3) The Board shall in discharging its functions, be guided by such directions as the Government may give from time to time.
5. composition of the Board. the Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-- (a) the minister in charge of the Ministry of commerce who shall be the ex officio chairman of the Board,
(b) the vice-Chairman of the Board to be appointed by the Government.
(c) the Directors general of the Bureau to be appointed by the Government.
(d) two part time members to be appointed by the Government to represent trade and industry in the private, sector; and
(e) six part-time members, being Government servants not below the rank of a joint secretary to the Government, to be nominated by the Government, one to represent each of the Ministry of...