At the house, we LOVE to bake. There are so many different kinds of cakes that my mom makes and this is one of our favorite. She only makes this cake every once in a while. She found it on a site called easy-cake-ideas.com when she wanted to surprise my aunt on her birthday. This cake is truly therapy on a fork. If you have a friend in need of some TLC you couldn’t find a better pick-me-up than this. This cake is good for parties but be careful with hyper kids. It’s definitely only for serious chocoholics like my siblings and step dad.
To start, you need to gather the following ingredients:
• 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 3 ½ sticks of butter
• 1 cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
• 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
• 8 large eggs
• 2/3 cup sour cream [pic]
• 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract [pic]
• 1 cup all-purpose flour [pic]
• ¼ teaspoon salt [pic]
• 1 ½ cups good quality chocolate chips[pic]
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 325° F and prepare cake pans by buttering and flouring the sides (with cocoa powder) and lining bottom of pan with a wax paper
2. Sift the flour and salt together on to a piece of parchment or wax paper.
3. Heat the chopped chocolate and butter, in a microwave safe dish, on high for 1 minute intervals until melted. Stir after each minute.
4. Transfer to your mixer bowl and mix in the cocoa powder and sugar on low speed until well blended.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
6. Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just blended.
8. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
9. Pour 1/3 of the batter into one pan and 2/3 into the other and bake. Start checking the pans after 30 minutes and every 10 minutes after that, until a cake tester comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto rack and cool...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document