A. Your nervous, palms are sweaty, your start to forget everything you wanted to say. Its only you and the interviewer. Your trying to snag that dream job. Your giving a job interview! B. As a college student any form of money can go a long way and have a better paying job to increase your income couldn't hurt C. Background [optional]
D. Today I'm going to teach you my method on how to give a good job interview. E. My method consist of three main points Confidence, Appearance, and Preparation.
I. Confidence is key when giving a job interview.
A. Confidence shows, when you have it others can tell.
1. Employers are looking for confident people to work at their company.
2. Confidence shows that you're ready to take on anything, willing to try new things and do what necessary to succeed.
B. Don't show fear or nervousness
1. Employers can see confidence as well as nervousness.
2. When employers see this they can't tell if you're willing to do everything. Are you going to break down under pressure? **Transition 1.
One easy way to build your confidence is to dress to impress. I. First impressions can make up 80% of the employers decision
A. Dress according to dress codes or base your judgment on the other employees.
1. If you notice most of the employees are wearing a more casual clothing wear what they wear. Use caution though you might have caught them on casual Friday.
2. Over-dressing is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's better to come looking more professional than others when first applying for a job. Again use caution. (Hot Topic, Tell Magic Mountain Story) **Transition 2.
But how do you know what to wear if you know nothing about the company. This leads me to my next point. You need to research and prepare.
B. When doing research on the company you should find out some basics.
1. Dress code, Hours of operation, and you...