Computer and Internet Literacy
• Winner, L. (1993). How technology reweaves the fabric of society. The Chronicle of Higher Education, 39(48), B1-B1.
• Abernethy, Michael D. “Study Explores How Internet, Technology Affect Young People.” McClathy -Tribute Business News. 05 Mar 2012:n.p. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 02 Apr 2012
• Grunwald Associates (2012). Medical Literacy Clearing house “Infographics from the State Of The News Media report”
• By Mayoor in society (2007). Socyberty.com “The Social Effects of Society”
• National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (2012). “Technology Statistics”
• Matt Ritchel (2012). The New York Times, “Does Technology affect Happiness?”
“How Technology has Affected Families”
Technology has been an essential part of human existence since prehistoric times. It has significantly progressed over the past 200 years. Digital technologies have invaded almost every aspect of our lives. It has become an essential element in learning, interpersonal communication, organizational work, and how we spend our leisure time. It is an ever growing aspect of our lives and is continually advancing rapidly.
Technology has provided people with extensive alternates to communicate; therefore, communication between families has declined. Instead of gathering around in the family room and enjoying activities we turn to technology for entertainment. For example, text messaging, Skype, webcams, Facebook, Twitter, and emailing are all popular ways of communication. Technology has never been more available and because of this our communication between humans falls through the cracks.
Not only does technology take away from family time, but it can also cause a financial strain on families. Children as young as seven years old are asking for the newest technology such as; a cell phone, game system, and any other gadget fad out. It’s even harder for a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 06). “How Technology Has Affected Families”. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/How-Technology-Has-Affected-Families-1028954.html
"“How Technology Has Affected Families”" StudyMode.com. 06 2012. 2012. 06 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/How-Technology-Has-Affected-Families-1028954.html>.
- MLA 7
"“How Technology Has Affected Families”." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 06 2012. Web. 06 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/How-Technology-Has-Affected-Families-1028954.html>.
"“How Technology Has Affected Families”." StudyMode.com. 06, 2012. Accessed 06, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/How-Technology-Has-Affected-Families-1028954.html.