HK FLOOR SUPERVISOR
The mains supervisor’s objectives are:
* Room assignments to ensure proper coverage. Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to carry out their duties. * Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts.
* Control and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping. * Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out the lists. * Help the team in their work
* Ensure that the cleaning is doing well
* Ensure that the team is motivated
* Inspect rooms while they are being cleaned to be sure that the process si correctly followed * Inspect rooms after they have been cleaned to be sure that the room is correctly cleaned when given. The supervisor has to speak to his colleagues and give attention to what they complain about or suggestions they have. He does not hesitate to help during the cleaning of the rooms to finish faster the work. He must adjusting actions with problems or setbacks.
Time is really important. The supervisor must be capable to manage his planning and his colleagues’ planning. -------------------------------------------------
1. Prepare duties’ distribution.
Every colleages have to have a duty assigned (other than cleaning rooms) to be on time. Try to switch the duties between the colleages every day or week, to be sure that the colleague is not bored in his job. Complete « Plan of group work end of service » file
Plan of group work end of service
| Linen order| Laundry (2pax)| Sorting waste| Fill up linen cart| Vacuum corridor| Cleanliness of the corridor| Cleaning and putting away material in the store room| Check the room| Put notes on the doors of the studios| 2ppl go to fetch the order from stores in the main building in front of the Purchasing Office (occasionally)| Day 1| Julia| KevinJo| Arthur| Kevin | Jo| Julia| Arthur...