Hotel reservation system plays a great role and has a potential effect on day to day performance measures, this type of system have highly evolved from decades due to high demand for their use, effective and efficiency in any given institutions. Due to the rapid change of technology the use of such system has become a necessity to any given high learning institution for better performance and be used with quite a large number of users at the same time but it can save time, resources and creates awareness of the evolving technology. 1.1 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Although technology is rapidly changing almost at the speed of light, some Hotels are still using manual reservation system to check in/out customers, Hotel facilities , management, share ideas and passing of information, for instance Staff performance assessment, customers roomt are done manually hence providing: * Providing untimely assessment information’s.
* Consumes a lot of time,
* Waste and use lots of resource such as forms.
The sub-objective are to identify the requirement and design the Hotel reservation system that will resolve the above problem of manual reservation system, by designing and implementing the proposed system successfully it will benefit many parties; firstly by providing staff with access of easy view form.
1.2. SYSTEM GOAL AND OBJECTIVE
The main goal is to develop a Hotel reservation system to replace the paper based Hotel reservation.
* To ease staff and admin with facilities for reservation process. * To enable sharing of ideas, harmonize and provide timely useful information on how best to enhance performance. * To ease decision making, save time and resources and utilize opportunities of new technology
1.5. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE SYSTEM
* Encourage adherence to internationally accepted Hotel performance standards. * Ease reservation and management process and much easier to administer. * To secure adherence to uniform principles of good performance and measures. * Maintain confidence in the integrity of the corporation in high Hotels. * Harmonize and provide timely useful information and accountability. * To prevent and resist the development of undesirable.
* To reduce the requirement needed for reservation and save time and resources.
1.6. TARGET USERS:
The computerized grading system will target,
* Hotel staffs
The system has seven major phases in total, login, search, View, modify user information and maintain system as shown below. Hotel Reservation system
1.8. FACILITIES AND COMPUTER RESOURCES
1.8.1. HARDWARE SPECIFICATION
The following are computer and hardware resources that will be used for the development of the Hotel Reservation system: Pentium 3 and above with minimum speed of 1.8GHZ, 256 MB of memory and above,17 inch standard monitor, standard keyboard, mouse and 40GB minimum hard disk space .
1.8.2. SOFTWARE Specifications
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Database Server: Microsoft access
* Web Server: internet information server
* Script Language: VB 6.0
1.9. GANTT CHART
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
The chosen research methodology for this project is general research methodology which will enable better understanding of various aspects that are related to Hotel Reservation system it involves the following five steps; awareness of the problem, suggestions, development, evaluation and conclusion as illustrated in the diagram below and later each step is explained in detail.
[Vaishnavi, V. and B. Kuechler, 2006]...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document