* King of the Innkeepers
* He became a successful hotelier after Word War II
* 1946, he formed the Hillton Hotel Corporation
* With the purchase of the Statler chain in 1954, he created the first major chain of modern hotels
ELSWORTH M. STATLER
* Father of Modern Commercial Hotel Industry.
* He was the originator of the hotel chain concept known as Statler in year 1863-1928. * Opened his first hotel in Buffalo, New York in 1901.
* In 1954, he sold Statler chain of hotels to Conrad Hilton. CESAR RITZ
* “ the hotel became one of the most popular in Europe and César Ritz became one of the most respected hoteliers in Europe KEMMONS WILSON
* Kemmons Wilson started the Holiday Inn chain in 1950’s, openings his first Holiday Inn in Memphis's, Tennessee. * He introduced the central reservations system
WILLIAM WALDORF ASTOR
JOHN JACOB ASTOR IV
* In 1893, William Waldorf Astor launched the 13-story Waldorf Hotel at Fifth Avenue near 34 street in New York City. * The 2,200 rooms, 42 floors Waldorf Astoria Hotel was rebuilt with the new President Herbert Hoover. * On January 1993 it was designated as a New York Landmark.
* Ernest Henderson and Robert Moore started the Sheraton Chain in 1937 * Sheraton was the first hotel chain to be listed in the New York Stock Exchange. RAY SCHULTZ
* In the early 1980’s, Ray Schultz founded the Hampton Inn Hotels, which was a company in the Holiday Inn Corporation. * This type of hotel was tagged as limited service meeting the needs of cost-conscious business travelers and pleasure travelers.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document