Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Academic Year 20 12 - 2013| Semester| Branch:| Program:|
Course Title:| Course Code:|
Student Name:| Student ID: |
Section Number:| Tutor Name:|
Total Mark:| Awarded Mark:|
Allocated Marks| Questions| Q1| Q2| Q3| Q4| Q5| | Total80| | Weight| 20| 20| 10| 15| 15| | |
| Marks| | | | | | | |
Allocated Marks| Criteria| Presentation5| Referencing5| Word Count5| E-Library5| Total20| | Marks| | | | | |
100| Student’s Total Mark| |
Notes on plagiarism:
A. According to the Arab Open University By-laws, “the following acts represent cases of cheating and
* Verbatim copying of printed material and submitting them as part of TMAs without proper academic acknowledgement and documentation. * Verbatim copying of material from the Internet, including tables and graphics. * Copying other students’ notes or reports.
* Using paid or unpaid material prepared for the student by individuals or firms. B. Penalties for plagiarism ranges from failure in the TMA to expulsion from the university.
Declaration: I hereby declare that the submitted TMA is my own work and I have not copied any other person’s work or plagiarized in any other form as specified above.
Tutor Name:| Tutor Signature:| Date returned:|
ARAB OPEN UNIVERSITY DD202-A
Economics and Economic Change
DD202 A - Microeconomics
TMA: Spring 2012 - 2013
Cut-off date: 28/04/2013
This TMA is marked out of 100 and is worth 20% of the overall assessment component. This assignment will be graded out of 100 marks, and 80% of these marks will be allocated to your answer of the question. The remaining 20% will be distributed equally among the following criteria: presentation of ideas and organization of the answer, adherence to specified word count, proper referencing and use of the E-library. This TMA requires you to apply course concepts to your own experience and to discuss the economic implications of such an application.
• Essays which are not fully referenced will not get high marks even if they are a strong piece of work. “Harvard style of referencing & in- text citation”
• Plagiarized TMAs will get Zero or will get a reduction in marks. Please use the following table to guide you in penalizing students who commit plagiarism. Use your discretion to determine the seriousness plagiarism.
III. Word count:
* Students are expected to write their word count at the end of each answer. * Up to 10% of the mark should be deducted for over/below 10% of the specified number of words. If the number of words is different than the specified one but it is within the 10% range, do not reduce the mark. However, for work that exceeds the 10% range you should keep the reduction in mark consistent with the variance in number words from the specified one. That is, if the assignment has a number of words that are over/below the specified number by 20%, reduce the mark by an equal percentage by 20%.
Answer All Five Questions
Question One (20 Marks)
Economists have been looking into what economic change means for the lives of people. To evaluate economic change, some of the questions that they have been asking include; what are some of the benefits of the ‘new economy’ and what are some of the negative effects does it bring on the lives of people.
Discuss the benefits and the cost effects of the new economy. Give examples of some of the benefits and costs.
Question Two (20 Marks)
For each of the following, draw a diagram that illustrates the likely effect on the market of cars. Indicate in each case the impact on equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity. a) A public concern about the...