April 18, 2012
Management Information Systems
1. How do antivirus programs detect and identify a virus? What is virus hoax? - Antivirus programs protect computers against viruses by identifying and removing any computer viruses found in memory, on storage media, or on incoming files. A virus hoax is an e-mail message that warns users of non-existent virus or other malware.
2. What is information privacy? List 5 ways to safeguard your personal information. - Information privacy refers to the rights of individuals and companies to deny or restrict the collection and use of information about them. 1. Do not reply to spam for any reason.
2. Install a personal firewall.
3. Avoid shopping club and buyer cards.
4. Clean your history file when you are finished browsing. 5. Have an unlisted or unpublished telephone number.
3. What are 2 methods for avoiding phishing attacks? How does clickjacking work? 1. Visit a web site directly to determine if it is legitimate. 2. Never click a link in an email message. Retype the Web address in your browser. Clickjacking is a scam in which an object that can be clicked on a Web site, such as a button, image, or link, contains a malicious program.
4. What is content filtering, and who uses it? Why is content filtering controversial? - Content filtering is the process of restricting access to certain material on the Web. Many businesses use content filtering to limit employee’s web access. Schools, libraries and parents use content filtering to restrict access to minors. - Content filtering is a controversial issue because of its widespread availability of objectionable material, such as racist literature, violence, and obscene pictures. Some feel that this material should be banned while others believe that the material should be banned.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document