Home Depot is a corporate chain retailer. Corporate chain retailers are stores that have migrated to multiple states and countries. Home Depot has stores not only in the United States but also in Canada and Mexico. In 2006, they extended into China by obtaining The Home Way, a 12 store chain. By being a corporate chain retailer, Home Depot can bring mass coverage to the consumer. Cost containment is also a feature of these large entities. By ordering products in bulk fashion, customers can receive cheaper and better products when they shop from corporate chain retail stores.
An integrated marketing communication gives Home Depot an audience with the customer. This gives them a chance to sway the consumer to purchase or engage in a product or service idea offered by Home Depot. This form of marketing communication is composed of different types of communication activities, which are listed below:
1. Advertising. This is a paid form of non-personal communication about an organization, service, product or idea that benefits a sponsor.
2. Personal selling. A two-way flow of communication between the buyer and seller, often over the phone or face-to-face. It is designed to influence a purchase decision.
3. Sales Promotion. A short term offer of value extended to individuals or companies to make them want to purchase a product or service within a specified amount of time.
4. Public Relations. A form of communication by which an organization wishes to influence consumer’s opinions, beliefs or feelings about the companies image, services or products.
5. Direct Marketing. A form of marketing that combines a promotional element with direct... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 11). Home Depot. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Home-Depot-253735.html
"Home Depot" StudyMode.com. 11 2009. 11 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Home-Depot-253735.html>.
"Home Depot." StudyMode.com. 11, 2009. Accessed 11, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Home-Depot-253735.html.