CHAPTER 1: THE WORLD THROUGH OUR SENSES
1.1 Sensory Organs and Their Functions
Sensory Organs and Their Stimuli
1. Humans being have five main sensory organ, which are skin, nose,
tongue, ears and eyes.
2. Sense detects stimuli, that is changes in surroundings (around us).
3. Five senses: i. sight
v . smell
4. Senses are part of the body called sensory organs.
5. Changes or object that can detect by our senses are called stimuli.
6. The ability of the sensory organs to detect stimuli is called senses.
7. All the sensory organs are complete with sensory receptors, that is the
nerve endings that can detect stimuli.
Stimuli Sense Sensory organ
Light(Brightness, colour) Sight Eye
Sound Hearing Ear
Touch, heat, cold, pain, pressure Touch Skin
Sweet, sour, bitter, salty Taste Tongue
Smell or odors Smell Nose
The World through our
senses Light and sight Sound and hearing Stimuli and responses in
Properties of light
Properties of sound
Reflection and absorption
Nastic movement (move
run away) Science Form 2 note 2012
1.2 The Pathway from Stimulus to Response PMR 05
Figure 1.2 The summary of the pathway from stimulus to response
1. Our sensory organs are used to detect stimuli (Singular: stimulus). A
stimulus is anything that causes a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 04). Holiday Trip. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Holiday-Trip-1619049.html
"Holiday Trip" StudyMode.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Holiday-Trip-1619049.html>.
- MLA 7
"Holiday Trip." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Holiday-Trip-1619049.html>.
"Holiday Trip." StudyMode.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Holiday-Trip-1619049.html.