1. Born in east meadow New York march 20, 1954
2. Moved to Austin, texas in 1985
3. Favorite authors: E B white, Richard Price, Kazuo Ishigaro and E.l Doctorow 4. Not interested in reading and writing till high school. 5. “Sachar attended Antioch College for a semester before transferring to University of California, Berkeley,| 6. I thought it over and decided it was a pretty good deal. College credits, no homework, no term papers, no tests, all I had to do was help out in a second/third grade class at Hillside Elementary School. Besides helping out in a classroom, I also became the Noontime Supervisor, or "Louis the Yard Teacher" as I was known to the kids. It became my favorite college class, and a life changing experience.|
1. Over twenty fiction and education books for children
2. Graduated in 1976 decided to write children books.
3. Took 9 months to write Holes.
4. Holes sold more than 5 million copies and won several awards. among them the 1998 National Book Award for Young People's Literature and the 1999 Newbery Medal, which "is the highest honor accorded to children's literature in the United States. As of 2006, Holes remains the only book to have won both awards. ”|
Wayside School (2005) · Wayside (2007) · The 100 Greatest Family Films (2005). Born: March 20 , 1954 in East Meadow, New York, USA
Childhood hood and school:
As writer of books for elementary school students, Louis Sachar tries to recall what it felt like for him to be that age. Despite the notion that times have changed, he thinks that kids in grade school are basically the same as they were when he was young.
For example, in East Meadow, New York, where Sachar was born, he remembers having to keep away from the woods across the street to avoid the older, tough kids who played there. Looking back now, he thinks those tough kids were...