Booklet of Assessments
This document contains all the assessment information you will need for the HNC Social Care. They are collated in chronological order with the lecturer responsible (where this is known) identified on the assessment. It is up to the learner to ensure that the assessment is handed in by the deadline. The assessment schedule will be posted on the moodle site.
All work should be word processed and include appropriate references both in main essay through acknowledgement using the author surname and date of publication and detailed as a full reference in an end list attached to the back of your work. Please visit the power point on the moodle for further information as to the correct technique to use. In addition lecturers and library staff will help you with this.
Make note of the word count assigned to each essay and try to stay within the set number. If you are not going to meet the deadline then you need to ask your lecturer for an extension, this needs to happen in advance and not on the day the assessment is due. You can also submit your assignments before the due date.
Tutor: Susan Johnston
Agreed hand in Date: 1st October 2012
Unit Title: Social Care Theory for Practice
Unit No:DH3K 34
|Unit No. |Unit Title |Outcomes | | | | | |DH3K 34 |Social Care Theory for Practice |(01) Explain how social care values and principles influence | | | |practice |
Guidelines for Social Care Theory for Practice Assignment:
Ensure that all the points listed below are covered in your assignment. Your final essay should be approximately 1500 words in length and you should reference appropriately using the Harvard system.
• Consider your own value base and briefly discuss three examples of values that you believe are important to you and how these originated.
• Describe how core values underpin social care practice.
• With regard to key concepts such as principles of equity, confidentiality and dignity, briefly describe how your personal values relate to the value base in care. Make reference as appropriate to any situation or dilemma which involved conflicting personal/ professional values
• Explain what is meant by discrimination and anti-discriminatory practice.
• Explain the significance of sociological and psychological influences on the understanding of both discrimination and anti-discriminatory practice.
• With regard to your service user group, discuss the way in which core values as expressed in the National Care Standards are implemented in policies and resources.
• Identify and describe three pieces of legislation designed to promote anti-discriminatory practice with regard to your service-user group.
End of Assignment One
Tutor: Susan Johnston
Agreed hand in Date: 8th October 2012
Unit Title: Psychology for Social Care Practice
Unit No:DH3M 34
|Unit No. |Unit Title |Outcomes | | | | | |DH3M 34 |Psychology for Social Care Practice |(01) Demonstrate an understanding of developmental needs at each | | | |stage throughout the lifecycle...