Acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
This condition reduces the effectiveness of immune system and leaves individuals to infection and tumors. HIV is transmitted through direct contact of a mucous membrane or the blood stream with containing HIV such as blood, semen, vaginal fluid, and breast milk. This transmission involved anal vaginal or oral sex, blood transfusion contaminated hypodermic needles and breast feeding.
HISTORY OF AIDS AND HIV:
• AIDS was first reported June, 5, 1981 when the U.S centers for disease control ( CDC) recorded a cluster pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in five homo sexual man in Los Angeles.
• Before known as AIDS this disease are known as GRID which stood for gay related immune deficiency.
• After determining that AIDS was not isolated to the homosexual community, the term GRID became misleading and AIDS was introduced and at a meeting in July 1982.
• The earliest known positive identification of the HIV virus comes from the Congo in 1959 and 1960 through genetic studies indicate that is passed into the human population from chimpanzees around 50 years earlier.
TYPES OF AIDS:
1. Clades A – Uganda
2. Clades B – Prevalent ( in Europe / USA)
3. Clades C – Botswana ( South Africa / India/ China)
4. Clades D – Uganda
Researches between 1995- 2001
There are 300 who got AIDS.SS
It can be classified as below:
53- clades A
70- mixed clades A and D
203- clades D
|CLADES D |CLADES A |
| | |
|10% died in 3 years. |No died so quickly was... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 08). Hiv and Aids. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hiv-And-Aids-391584.html
"Hiv and Aids" StudyMode.com. 08 2010. 08 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hiv-And-Aids-391584.html>.
"Hiv and Aids." StudyMode.com. 08, 2010. Accessed 08, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hiv-And-Aids-391584.html.