History of the Pardubice Palace

Only available on StudyMode
  • Topic: Fortification, Czech Republic, Bohemia
  • Pages : 1 (331 words )
  • Download(s) : 60
  • Published : May 23, 2013
Open Document
Text Preview
Pardubice palace is Renaissance palace, which is locates near the center of Pardubice. The Lords of Pernstejn established here settlement, which is the transition between the palace and the castle. This residence is excellently resented and its area has no aquivalent in Central Europe. Today the Palace is owned by the Pardubice region and here is located East Bohemian Museum, East Bohemian Gallery and the brach of the National Heritage Institute. Since 2012 palace and fortification inscribed on the list of the national cultural monuments in the Czech Republic. The origin of Palace

On this place, where we are standing, and where the today´s castle is, had been since 13th century moated palace. Shortly after the Hussite wars the palace was rebuilt and surrounded by a new stone wal with corner spire and loopholes. The fragments are today exposed to visitors of the castle. Perštejns

In 1491 acquired the estate in Pardubice William from perstejn who rebuilt tha castle on the four- winged Renaissance palace with adjacent buildings, and enclose massive fortifications. Fortification was formed with clay bank with coner towers, on which was built barbican (call Příhradek), which was connected with the castle by wooden bridge. The last owne of the castle from Pernštejn family was Jarolav from Perštein. Royal chamber estate

In 1560 the estat was bought by the king, so Pardubice became the royal chambre estate. In the years 1574- 1579 made Oldřich Aostali da Sala adjustments, such as sgraffito decoration of facades of th palace. The importance of the palace was mostly agricultural, which is negatively signed on its interiorsand decoration. For example, in the 17th century here was established brewery. In the Baroque rebullit Francis Kaňka. In the second half of the 19th century castle passed into the hands of a pivate owner. First, it was i the years 1863- 1881 Privileged Austrian Inland Revenue Department, then in 1920 Baron RRichard von Drashe WAtinberg and his...
tracking img