1. Magna Carta-1215
2. Virginia House of Burgess- 1619
3. Mayflower Compact-1620
4. Fundamental Orders of Connecticut -1638/1639
5. Declaration of Independence-1776
6. Article of Confederation-1777
7. Northwest Ordinance-1787
8. U.S Congress-1789
9. Federalist Papers-1787/1788
10. Bill of Rights- 1791
* Explain Magna Carta: A charter of liberty and political rights obtained from King John of England by his rebellious barons at Runnymede in 1215.
* Explain Virginia House of Burgess: was the first assembly of elected representatives of English colonists, and the House was established by the Virginia Company, who created the body as part of an effort to encourage English craftsmen to settle in North America and to make conditions in the colony more agreeable for its current inhabitants. Its first meeting was held in Jamestown, Virginia, on July 30, 1619.
* Explain The May Flower Compact: The Mayflower Compact was the first governing document of Plymouth Colony. It was written by the colonists.
* Explain the Fundamental orders of Connecticut: The Fundamental Orders were adopted by the Connecticut Colony council on January 14, 1639.The orders describe the government set up by the Connecticut River towns, setting its structure and powers.
* Explain the Declaration of Independence: A document declaring the US to be independent of the British Crown, signed on July 4, 1776, by the congressional representatives
* Explain The Articles of Confederation: The original constitution of the United States, ratified in 1781, which was replaced by the US Constitution in 1789.
* Explain the Northwest Ordinance: The Northwest Ordinance (formally An Ordinance for the Government of the Territory of the United States
* Explain The U.S Congress: the legislature of the United States government.
* Explain the federalist papers: A collection of essays written under the pseudony by Alexander... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). History. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/History-1536702.html
"History" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/History-1536702.html>.
- MLA 7
"History." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/History-1536702.html>.
"History." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/History-1536702.html.