10 Facts about hippie subculture
1.They had long hair and casual, dress sometimes in “psychedelic” colors. 2.Member, during the 1960s and 1970s
3.They were from a countercultural movement that rejected the mores of mainstream American life. 4.The movement originated on college campuses in the United States. 5.It spread to other countries, including Canada and Britain .6. The name derived from “hip,” a term applied to the beats of the 1950s, such as Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac. 7.They were generally considered to be the precursors of hippies. 8.The movement arose in part as opposition to U.S. involvement in the vietnam war (1955–75). 9.Hippies were often not directly engaged in politics.
10.They opposed to their activist counterparts known as “Yippies” (Youth International Party). 5 Facts about Michael L.
1.Enjoys listening to the beats from 1955
2.Has a long beard with long hair
3.Wears bright color clothing
4.Is proud to be a hippie and isn't ashamed of it
5.Wouldnt change the way he looks for NOTHING
1. Who/what influenced you to change your lifestyle?
2. How do your parents feel about your looks?
3. How do you feel knowing your different from others?
4. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
5. How do you think your appearance has affected your life with your peers and adults? 6. Have you ever been criticized for how you look?
7. Do you plan on changing your appearance so you can get a descent job? 8. In what ways do you think that the 1960's hippie style is different from how it use to be and how it is know? Date,Time,Location
649 Plaza Ave
Please join StudyMode to read the full document