Hi Hi Hi Hi

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 329
  • Published : February 15, 2013
Open Document
Text Preview
Chapter 01 Organizational Behavior: The Quest for People-Centered Organizations and Ethical Conduct

 
 

True / False Questions
 
1.| People-centered practices are associated with higher profits and lower employee turnover.   
True    False|
 
2.| Power can be provided to employees via centralization.   
True    False|
 
3.| Providing training for employees leads to lower employee turnover.   
True    False|
 
4.| Trust can be built in organizations through the sharing of critical information.   
True    False|
 
5.| Organizations are a social invention helping us to achieve things collectively that we could not achieve alone.   
True    False|
 
6.| OB is an interdisciplinary field dedicated to better understanding and managing people at work.   
True    False|
 
7.| The three levels of OB analysis are individual, business, and strategic.   
True    False|
 
8.| OB knowledge is derived exclusively from organization theory.   
True    False|
 
9.| Organizational behavior is a vertical discipline functioning in the human resource realm.   
True    False|
 
10.| Organizational behavior is a specific job category in most organizations.   
True    False|
 
11.| Legalization of union-management collective bargaining helped foster the human relations movement.   
True    False|
 
12.| Reanalysis of the original Hawthorne data explained that high-quality raw materials were responsible for high output in the relay assembly test room experiments.   
True    False|
 
13.| Writer Elton Mayo advised managers to attend to employees' emotional needs in his 1933 classic The Human Problems of an Industrial Civilization.   
True    False|
 
14.| Mary Parker Follett urged managers to demand job performance from employees instead of merely attempting to motivate them.   
True    False|
 
15.| According to McGregor's Theory Y, managers could accomplish more by believing that employees require close direction when they are working.   
True    False|
 
16.| According to McGregor's Theory X, people tend to procrastinate and loaf whenever they can.   
True    False|
 
17.| Confidence, self-control, self-direction, imagination, and creativity are the key dimensions of McGregor's Theory X.   
True    False|
 
18.| According to McGregor's Theory Y, the typical employee can learn to accept and seek responsibility.   
True    False|
 
19.| According to McGregor's Theory X, employees must be coerced and threatened with punishment before they will work.   
True    False|
 
20.| The ultimate goal of Six Sigma is to come within six standard deviations of perfection.   
True    False|
 
21.| Total quality management (TQM) is defined as continuous, customer-centered, employee-driven improvement.   
True    False|
 
22.| Total quality management is in the corporate DNA today thanks in large part to the pioneering work of Douglas McGregor.   
True    False|
 
23.| Total quality management need not be necessarily employee driven.   
True    False|
 
24.| In successful improvement programs, total quality management principles are embedded in the organization's culture.   
True    False|
 
25.| According to W. Edwards Deming, when things go wrong, there is roughly a 40% chance that the system is at fault and about a 60% chance that the individual employee is at fault.   
True    False|
 
26.| W. Edwards Deming believed that statistical analysis is required to uncover system failures.   
True    False|
 
27.| Deming called for emphasis on numerical quotas rather than on continuous process improvements.   
True    False|
 
28.| Social media innovations have enabled the growing importance of usergenerated content.   
True    False|
 
29.| E-commerce involves buying and selling goods and services over the internet.   
True    False|
 
30.| E-business has evolved into e-commerce i.e....
tracking img