Geoffrey Chaucer is the founder of English Poetry
Ode to the Grecian Urn is written by John Keats
Walter Scott has been universally regarded as the founder and great master of the historical novel What works of the following were NOT written by Byron Waverley Which of the following poems was written by William Wordsworth The Prelude The writer of Utopia is Thomas More
The Victorian Period has been generally regarded as one of the most glorious in the English history, producing the literary giants such as Charles Dickens. 35. The School for Scandal was written by_____.
A. Thomas Gray B. Samuel Johnson
C. Richard B. Sheridan D. Daniel Defoe
37. “My Last Duchess” is _____.
A. a dramatic monologue B. a short lyric
C. a novel D. an essay
39. In the 19th century English literature, a new literary trend _____ appeared. And it flourished in the 1840s and in the early 1950s. A. romanticism B. naturalism
C. realism D. critical realism
40. The title of the novel Vanity Fair was taken from_____.
A. The Pilgrim’s Progress B. Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage C. Gulliver’s Travels D. The Canterbury Tales
51. Which of the following poems was written by William Wordsworth? A. The Faerie Queen B. Venus and Adonis
C. The Prelude D. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner 56. The writer of Utopia is _________ .
A. Francis Bacon B. Thomas Wyatt
C. Thomas More D. Philip Sidney
59. English Renaissance was not an age of prose, but Francis Bacon wrote his famous prose work ___________ .. A. An Essay on Criticism B. The Essays
C. An Essay on Man D. The Dunciad
60. An Essay on Criticism is a didactic poem written in_____. A. heroic couplets B. English sonnet
C. bland verse D. Italian sonnet
1. The lyric poem:
5."Stream of Consciousness":
6. Blank verse:
Please join StudyMode to read the full document