Answer each question based on your personal experiences as a consumer receiving health care services or as a professional providing service. The questions are related to real-life experiences in which health care services are received or provided, to the consumer’s satisfaction with those services, to changes you have seen or experienced over time, or to insurance coverage benefits you have or provide. Be prepared to discuss your completed questionnaire in Week One.
1. How can you locate health care resources? What health care resources are you familiar with? How did you locate information on those resources? *
* There are a couple different ways I am able to locate various health resources and that is by looking on the internet, attending health fairs, trainings and/or seminars, and by asking around. The health resources I am familiar with are Center for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Ryan White Program, Medical Assistance, Maryland Drug and Pharmacy Program (MDAP), Catholic Charities Archdiocesan Health Care Network, Local Health Departments, and the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH) to name a few. I am able to locate information on the various health care resources by looking on their website, from handouts I received from the organizations, or by calling the organization directly. *
2. Are you currently employed in a health care setting? If not, explain your interest in providing care or resources in the future. *
* Yes, I am currently employed in a health care setting where our vision is to eliminate health disparities and improve the health of the community through the provision of quality, affordable health care services. [ (Services, 2011) ] *
3. Do you feel you have sufficient access to services as a consumer or provider? Explain your...