* Use good language & show your inherent skills of written communication (use contextual words and phrases. Complex/passive/GRE words inserted just to impress is not a bright idea).
* Use transitions like: moreover, further, nevertheless, followed by, similarly, hence, consequently, as a result and so on as needed through out the SOP. These words make the essay a good read.
* Maintain a sequence, order to get a proper flow of ideas.
* Avoid copying old SOPs; even those which you believe are very good. Just follow the style, flow, concept which has attracted you.
* The number of paragraphs mentioned is not fixed; it is flexible, based on the contents.
* If you are changing your major/core give reasons for changing your stream.
1. Introduce yourself
2. What is your aim/ inspiration in life-
3. Your career goal/ aspiration-
For Ex: To pursue postgraduate/doctoral studies in -----
4. State why you chose this field------
Note: 1) If a quote is used, make sure to mention its author.
2) Do not go into too many details; remain to the point, precise.
Show your excellence in academics (UG level in particular). It should be carefully crafted to reflect:
1. Your interest in particular field from the beginning of your UG (after 12th) like why you prefer this field, pursued it with great vigor till your bachelors,
2. Show consistency towards the field, by mentioning how you perceive it.
Note: Write in short about subjects covered (especially linked with your specialization of masters) during bachelors.
Bring focus towards:
2. Practical training,
3. Paper presentation
4. Seminars/symposiums attended. (Include any technical awards got), publications, reading related journals.
Note: 1) Try to link everything with your area of interest.
2) Make this... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 06). Health Care Management. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Health-Care-Management-712417.html
"Health Care Management" StudyMode.com. 06 2011. 06 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Health-Care-Management-712417.html>.
"Health Care Management." StudyMode.com. 06, 2011. Accessed 06, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Health-Care-Management-712417.html.