3 lifestyle diseases that result from a poor diet:
2. Diabetes type ll
A poor diet cause’s obesity usually from eating too many fats, sugars, oils, etc. Normally these people don’t exercise enough. The food and lack of exercise makes the person become overweight. Being overweight can be dangerous for the person because it could lead to arteries becoming clogged, heart failure, etc. Eating patterns may help because then you can stick to a healthy plan which will make you feel more awake and healthier. You will be able to sleep better which will improve your emotional, cognitive, spiritual and social health. Because you will be more awake, healthier, stronger you will be able to perform better mentally and physically. Recipe for Peanut chicken satays:
* 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
* 7 tablespoons soy sauce
* 7 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons curry powder
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce (or to taste)
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins
In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and chilli sauce. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Overnight is best. 2.
Preheat barbecue to high heat.
Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers, then cook for 5 minutes each side. Recipe for brown rice and stir-fried vegetables:
* 2 medium carrots
* 1 head of broccoli (stems included)
* 2-4 leaves of bok choy OR about 1 cup shredded cabbage
* 2 cups of peas or sprouts or kale (pretty much whatever you like) * 2 TBS olive oil
* 4 cups water
* 2 cups rice
* dash of salt
In a wok, large frying pan or even a non-stick dutch oven warm olive oil. Add veggies in order...