Unit two: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals Assessment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Name: Thomas Nolan
1. You have been asked to prepare nutritional information for the following people:
• George, a three-year-old boy
• Fatima, a 13-year-old girl
• Edith, a 68-year-old woman.
Complete the table below with relevant information for each person.
|Who? |This person’s energy requirement |This person’s nutritional |Nutritional requirements for this| | |is... |recommendations requirements |person are... | | | |are... | | |George, a three-year-old boy |Fewer calories than older |4 serving of fruit and vegetables|Limit intake of fatty foods | | |children |and of bread and starchy food |Need a diet high in calcium for | | |More when you think about their |400ml milk/ 2 servings cheese |bone growth and high vitamins and| | |body weight |yoghurt |minerals for good health. | | |A three year old needs between |2 serving of fish and meat |Low fibre can have many healthy | | |1000 calories to 1400 calories | |fats | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Fatima, a 13-year-old girl |More calories needed than younger|5+ servings of fruit & veg |Limit intake of fatty foods | | |children |3 servings of milk/dairy |Need good eating habits should | | |Bigger body weight |2/3 of fish or meat |not skip meals or eat junk foods | | |A 13 year old needs between 1800 | |high in fat + sugars keep | | |calories and 1900 calories | |hydrated need iron to carry | | | | |oxygen and to have healthy | | | | |periods | |Edith, a 68-year-old woman |Less energy required than a |5 servings of fruit and veg |Limit intake of fatty foods need | | |teenager |5 serving of starchy foods |good eating habits calcium to | | | |3...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document